Manager – Business Services
Our Business Services department is seeking to bring on board an additional Business Services Manager to join our busy team. You will report directly to Partners and be working with a great group of professionals ranging from cadets through to partners and assisting a wide variety of corporate clients with their accounting and tax needs.
Hall Chadwick is one of Australia’s leading mid-tier chartered accounting firms. Located in the heart of the CBD, we are a young and dynamic organisation providing professional services in the areas of Audit, Business Services Advisory, Insolvency and Tax in a challenging and stimulating work environment.
We require a Manager to join our expanding team. The duties will include managing the completion of statutory lodgements of obligations for clients, provide regular tax advice and assist clients in their business operations and transactions. The portfolio of clients are across a broad range of industries and range in turnover from $1m – $50m+. You will be involved in exciting client projects such as due diligence on sae and acquisitions, property transactions, assisting clients as their external CFO and participate in Board meetings where you can demonstrate your commercial acumen and knowledge. You will also be expected to work effectively in teams and manage, mentor and train your direct staff, whilst maintaining excellent working relationships with your clients, Partners and peers, and your team.
Criteria to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate must:
- Must have at least 8 years local experience in a Chartered Accountancy firm within the business services division, including at least 2 years in a manager position.
- Must be CA qualified;
- Have experience in mentoring and training staff as well as managing workflow for themselves and staff;
- Be able to independently manage a large portfolio of clients;
- A great understanding and knowledge of local and international taxation matters;
- Have experience in the preparation and review of financial accounts and income tax returns for individuals, partnerships, trusts and companies;
- Have experience in the review of FBT returns, business activity statements and other filings;
- Be proficient with MYOB and Xero (desired but not essential) and in Microsoft Excel;
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Be able to identify and manage engagement risks and opportunities and plan and deliver assignments with limited additional input from Partners; and
- Must be a team player, hardworking and professional.
Our work environment is dynamic and we have a great reputation for our professional delivery and commercial expertise.
If this sounds like you, please forward your CV and a brief cover letter outlining how you meet the criteria, to the HR Manager.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
This position is for an immediate start!
No Agency Referrals