Insolvency Graduate Accountant – Brisbane
About the business and the role
Hall Chadwick is one of Australia’s fastest growing mid-tier chartered accounting firms providing professional services in the areas of Audit, Business Services and Advisory, Insolvency and Tax. Located in heart of the CBD, we are a young and dynamic organisation that provides a challenging and stimulating work environment.
We are currently looking to recruit a Graduate Accountant for our Insolvency Division.
Job tasks and responsibilities:
- Prepare routine correspondence
- Deal with stakeholder enquires over the telephone and in writing, preparing written responses as required
- Assist colleagues as required regarding the administration of the assignment, including the preparation of statutory reports
- Be aware of, and comply with, statutory deadlines in relation to your allocated tasks
- Develop a basic understanding of the assignment’s business and the commercial environment in which it operates
- Prepare receipt and payment vouchers and post transactions through specialist insolvency software
- Assist with investigations into an insolvent entity’s finances , including the analysis of financial statements and accounting records
- Demonstrate a high standard of professional courtesy and respect to all other members of staff
- Demonstrate a high standard of professional appearance and approach in dealing with clients
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work on your own and/or as part of a team
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Previous experience of other software packages
- Previous work experience in an office environment
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV, a cover letter and your academic transcripts to the HR Manager.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
This position is for an immediate start!
No Agency Referrals