Hall Chadwick is committed to providing you with the highest level of service. This includes protecting your privacy. From 21 December 2001, we have been bound by new sections of the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1998, setting out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information. Following is the information that the Privacy Act requires us to communicate to all of our clients. We recommend you keep a copy of this information.
Hall Chadwick is one of the largest and most experienced accounting groups in Australia, servicing clients in every mainland capital city and in many regional centres. As well as accounting services, Hall Chadwick provides a wide variety of specialist financial services to many sectors including Indigenous Communities and Education Institutions. Wide-ranging expertise in these sectors combined with our ability to understand our clients is crucial to providing the effective and courteous service that Hall Chadwick has prided itself on for over 115 years.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information held by Hall Chadwick may include your name, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone numbers, email address, employer, and occupation. We also hold details of any services provided to you by Hall Chadwick. If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services you or your organisation requires, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
Hall Chadwick collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you when you provide information by phone or in documents such as a survey form;
- from third parties such as our related firms and associations;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- from the organisations identified below under "When we disclose you personal information";
- from our own records of how you use Hall Chadwick services; and
- when required to do so by Federal or State legislation.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information may be used in order to:
- provide the services you require;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- inform you of ways the services provided could be improved;
- research and develop our services; and
- gain an understanding of your information and financial needs in order for us to provide you with a better service.
Your personal information is also used to promote and market other services which we consider may be of interest to you. If you do not wish us to contact you regarding other services please call the privacy officer in your local office and advise accordingly.
WHEN WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
For the purposes set out above, we may disclose your personal information to organisations outside Hall Chadwick. The organisations to which we may disclose information include:
- outsourced providers associated to the services we provide to you, including;
- mailing services,
- billing and debt-recovery functions,
- information technology services, and
- marketing services;
- your representatives (eg. authorised representatives, financial or legal advisors);
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law; and
- our related firms.
HELP US TO HOLD ACCURATE INFORMATION
Hall Chadwick takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use, and disclose is accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That is why we recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in personal information, and
- keep us up-to-date with changes to personal information such as your name and address.
YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. For security reasons, you may be required to put your request in writing. Hall Chadwick reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact the privacy officer in your local Hall Chadwick office or email firstname.lastname@example.org